For watchers you don't check my profile often, Requests are still open and I polished up my requests page a bit just so you know
Now that the challenge is complete, I am going to start uploading art I have been working on since January and even December. I have really been working hard on new techniques I haven't tried before. One of the things I have especially been practicing is drawing blood and gore, which used to be very hard but I have been improving recently. It is amazing how much FUN it is to draw lots and lots of blood! (What can I say? I recently had a dream that only consisted of shelves full of clear buckets filled with blood and nothing else. I don't know why. Blood <3 )
Starting from March 1st, I must warn that I am going to be hitting a "Cad Bane spam" of sorts. January was a very heavy month for my Cad Bane feels, and then I thought February would be even bigger with TCW Bonus Content. But as it turned out, the bounty hunter arc will never be revealed after all (and guess which arc was the one I wanted the most??). So now with that out of the way, I have a lot of art and writing I will be posting. My writing will be submitted only to my Fanfiction.net account, however; it is too messy to do on deviantART. Basically everything I have been holding back for almost three months now because it has taken me so long to finish and place in a logical order, and now I am ready to post almost all of it. I even have a "Cad Bane playlist" I have almost completed which I hope to upload onto my 8tracks.
Today I was hit with the start of *coughcough* shark week, so I was confined to bed with a heating pad over my stomach and a mug of chamomile tea. Whenever I am sick I watch The Clone Wars, and this time I watched Hostage Crisis. I went from watching it to taking a lot of screencaps for references as some art ideas, and the next thing I knew I have MORE sketches.
Just a little note to my watchers, though: a few of my upcoming art could be strongly constituted as yaoi
. M/M, Slash, whatever you people call it. When it comes to that sort of content, I prefer to portray it in a more symbolic way that portrays the emotional side of a relationship and not so much the physical. I have done that before with previous art, but lately I have been becoming more - how shall I put it - aggressive or straightforward with how it's portrayed. So even though I certainly wouldn't label it as "porn", it is pretty clear that there is some slash-y stuff going around. If that sort of stuff bothers you, be warned! This year I am determined to become bolder with my art, and I don't want to be afraid to post something just because it might offend someone. If you don't like it then don't look. And I'll put Mature warnings where they are needed. There; now I cannot say I didn't make that clear beforehand
And I was tagged by
10 Facts About Me
1) I like to deer hunt.
2) I have NO subculture I belong to. Not enough tomboy or girly-girl, not enough redneck, not nearly enough geek or nerd, or any other of those "cultures". I'm like a little bit of each.
3) I feel awkward sharing ten things about myself.
4) I can take coffee with any mixture (cream + sugar, cream no sugar, sugar no cream) but my favorite is black, no cream no sugar.
5) I have a mighty need for a model of Sebulba's podracer from Episode I.
6) I like reading history books.
7) I need to work on picking away more at my list of movies/shows/anime to watch. Since Christmas break I have fallen behind a lot.
8) When I'm at a hotel or someone's house who has TV, the only show I ever watch is Duck Dynasty. Even though the cast basically resembles everyone in my community so watching it just makes me feel like I'm back home.
9) I have loved elephants since I was a toddler.
10) I find at least 60-70 percent of my current artwork to be cringe-worthy. I want to shrink that percentage.
1) Favorite Horror TV/movie monster?
I have never really gotten into horror, but I love the horror anime Higurashi. It is so disturbing I cannot watch it after dark. But it is very good!
2) Favorite Hero/Heroine?
My favorite hero is Rick Blaine from Casablanca. My favorite heroine is Katniss Everdeen.
3) What movie/TV character do you relate to the most?
I don't know...it is very hard to relate to just one character! Parts of me relate to L Lawliet, some parts to Star Wars characters like Cad Bane, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul, and some parts to other characters like Katniss or Belle from Beauty and the Beast. So I cannot exactly answer the question directly xP
4) If you could reshape your favorite fandom, whatever it may be, what would you change?
Star Wars. I would re-shape it into a fandom that has both the side that appeals to kids but another much darker, gritty side for adults only, instead of the general for-kids-and-adults (which is fine of course). Have some TV miniseries, books, and comics that are far from kid-friendly so we could see that side of the SW universe if that makes any sense.
5) What irritates you about your favorite fandom?
Easily all the arguments throughout the Star Wars fandom. Prequels vs. Sequels, all the EU and canon arguments, hate on TCW, etc. And now with more movies and a cartoon coming out I imagine it is only going to get much worse from here.
6) Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?
Another published book, a fairly seasoned traveler...possibly enlisted in the Marine Corps!
7) Do you prefer Romance stories or action adventure? Or both?
If I had to pick, action adventure. I don't really like stories that are just romance but romance is usually fine as a sub-plot.
8) Favorite kind of pizza?
Does that mean topping, or brand?
There pretty much isn't anything I won't eat on pizza besides anchovies or mushrooms. I don't have a favorite brand, unless deep-dish Chicago pizza counts!9) If you had the ability to make your own movie or TV show, what would you do?
Oh, wow...I have always, always wanted to make a TV miniseries (either that or a 5-hour film) on a biography of Adolf Hitler
10) What was your favorite moment/Adventure with your best friend?
Barely 15 and a former-best friend and I took the train to downtown Chicago all by ourselves for a day. At the time it was a big adventure.